Sunday, June 26, 2005

Saturday slam

It was just one of those days where everything seemed to constantly teeter at the edge of the precipice all day. And I was wearing roller skates.

We promoted someone, so I'm trying to train while running this circus. Then all hell breaks loose on Register 14. Some people are trying to scam a $150 baby stroller for $64 dollars. No dice. The $64 one is the ONE NEXT TO IT ON THE SHELF. If you read the 3x4 inch display signs, you'd know.

They refuse to believe me when I come back to tell them, and demand I show them. I do. Then, because I've now been away from the front for 15 minutes with these horribly obnoxious people, and there are ZERO sales associates, the pages start coming.

"CSM to electronics." "CSM to register 10." "CSM to Connection Center." "CSM please dial 326." And my palm pilot threatens to burn out. OH MY JESUS.

This whole time I'm thinking. THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE UP THERE. DO BLOODY SOMETHING.

I finally find someone to explain the difference in strollers to this man, apologize and tell him I really have to go. I get back and it is like I can see tower of Jenga sticks starting to fall. **sigh**

That was my Saturday. It was all downhill from there.

PS: Who tries to return lemon juice? And then refuses to give a driver's license and claims not to know their own social security number? One whacked out lady, that's who!

No comments: