Saturday, May 28, 2005

Shopping and spending

I went shopping today, online of course. I canceled one flight to San Diego to see an old friend from college and booked another. Although the second one cost a little more, I saved more than that in travel time and airport parking fees.

Now, I can just get up at noon, have a leisurely lunch, get SBUX and drive to the local airport WITH FREE PARKING and board a plane to Atlanta.

No getting up at 6 a.m. to fight traffic on an already gridlocked interstate. No $75 in parking fees. No 30-minute wait at baggage claim. None of that. NONE OF THAT.

And best of all, Visa Rewards now offers points for booking through Expedia. So I got SkyMiles, Visa Rewards points and a partridge in a pear tree. :)

I was a little apprehensive about the whole San Diego thing a few weeks ago. Now, I'm thinking it will be a total blast. I can't wait to get away from all this crap for a few days. I've got one more day away from Wal-Mart, then I get a two-day dose of the Memorial Day Madness (Sunday & Monday). Pray for sunshine to keep them on the beaches and away from stores!

No comments: