Friday, April 29, 2005

Need help, just call me!

Apparently, it was "phone a friend" day at your friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart.

First, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with MBNA customer service trying to get approval for some lady trying to use her aged and infirm father's credit card so she could by $400 worth of stuff for his new condo. Man, she was UPSET. She was yelling into the phone at the credit card security agent about how she was added to the account last week and how she was sick of going through this process every time she wanted to use the card, etc. Except she didn't know her own father's social security number, which was the real problem. After more than 20 minutes, they finally approved it.

Then the coup de grace. Some man calls, wanting to know if we've got this certain computer armoire. He's looking at it on the Internet and wants to know if we carry it in the store. I try to look it up on the merchandise computer, but he can't give me the correct manufacturer. So I go out to the Home Furnishing section and try to have him describe this thing to me.

He just keeps yelling "Computer Armoire" as I try to get more details. I find what I think is it, but he doesn't like it. Then I have to keep looking. I finally find it for him, then he wants me to mark one sold for him and take it to the Service Desk. Umm, the thing weighs 174 pounds. I'm not lugging it anywhere. There were six of them left. I doubt they'll sell out by tonight.

Thankfully, there were no dogs today!

No comments: