Sunday, November 21, 2004

A helluva day

I got woken up around 3 a.m. last night (this was after not getting to sleep until around 2:20 a.m.). So on about 40 minutes of sleep I drug myself in to the Wal-Mart at 5:20 a.m. and had some McDonald's in a vain attempt to wake my tired ass up. It was just an awful day today. The morning was only the beginning.

Go do this. Go do that. Go take this trash out. Ooops. Someone dumped a whole f**cking can of soda in that bag. Grrrr. That's exactly what you want at 6 a.m. At least I got to go onto the self-checkouts at 7:15 a.m. That meant no register and no bagging groceries, so that was good. That was the only good though.

Some man, either doing a Hitler impression or with a German accent, I couldn't tell, was buying Christmas supplies with his mother (issues!). He kept trying to scan the packages of Christmas bows even though the computer was telling him he hadn't done the first one correctly. So he kept scanning and putting them in the bag. By the time I get over there (all four DIY checkouts were busy and having problems today), they'd filled two bags with stuff they hadn't scanned.

And then accused me of accusing them of stealing. **SIGH** Sometimes you just can't win. Then, they started yelling about how the system was screwed up and how they did it right and how I was telling them wrong. Just not in the mood to listen. I think what happens is that people know they've made a mistake, they know they're stupid for not following idiot-proof directions, so they get angry and lash out at the person that calls them on that mistake.

I do my best to present myself as "I'm just checking up on you," so as not to accuse them of theft, because 999 times out of 1,000 they're just stupid and can't read the directions. But for heaven's sake, don't scream at me for doing my freaking job. I wished them a nice day and went back to the other customers.

In other news, I've discovered an addiction to the new Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Frappuchinos. Damn, those things are good. And the extremely cute barrista preparing them at the 'bucks down the corner is just another reason to get a coffee fix on!

No comments: