Sunday, June 25, 2006

A tisket, a tasket, things found in a basket

Hey all. I had this weekend off, because I was planning to go out of town. The plans fell through — and I slept all weekend. I'll still post this week though. And welcome to all the new readers. I love comments!

One of the jobs of the Customer Service desk, in addition to all the goodness you hear me detail, is sorting out all the mess that people leave around the store.

Generally, the other associates are really lazy, so when it comes time for them to "clean" their areas, they just toss all the crap in a buggy and roll it up to Customer Service. Walk into any SuperCenter on a Saturday or Sunday night around 10 p.m. and I guarantee you it will look like a merchandise bomb went off at the Service Desk. If it is clean, apply for a job there - they must have good management AND good employees.

Anyway. The basic clientele of a Wal-Mart are pigs. They leave all sorts of trash in the buggies. I've found half-eaten fruit, a decorative WAX apple that someone tried to bite into, more open CD & DVDs that I can count, open makeup, bloody bottles of alcohol and band-aids (god only knows), pregnancy tests and even bottles of baby formula and a cane.

But I will never again open a bag that has been tied off. And I'll tell you why.

I was cleaning out a buggy FULL of stuff. It had clothes, food, toys and electronic stuff. It looked like whoever had it was shopping and then just left in a hurry. At the very bottom, right up under the basket part, was a shopping bag with something in it. It had been tied closed.

I called a supervisor over, because I figured it was something that had been shoplifted and maybe the Security People would need the "evidence." I untied it and was hit with a wave of stink that would knock out a herd of elephants.

You guessed it. A nasty, fully-loaded diaper. OH MY GOD. There are trash cans everywhere and five bathrooms in the store. AND YOU PUT THE DIRTY DIAPER IN A SHOPPING BAG AND LEAVE IT IN THE CART? Never again.

And once, I found a pair of jeans that someone had crapped on in the restroom. I guess they just couldn't hold it ...

7 comments:

Ol' Lady said...

Oh my god! How gross! Just imagine the person that did that was probably a parent of the yard ape that produced it. So that means the shallow gene pool reproduced! How shallow can a pool get? Some people are just beyond stupid and should not be allowed out unattended.

Lindsay said...

YUK YUK YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt said...

sounds like fun. but if you're gonna leave it in the friggen shopping cart why bother bagging it up? why not even just leave it on the friggen floor for some one to step in?

Unknown said...

That's why I don't go to Wal-Mart. I love the store, but hate most of the other customers and their surly oafishness.

Paulo said...

If somebody left jeans with poop on them in the restroom, does that mean they walked out of Wal-Mart sans pants?

Obob said...

I remember finding men's XXL "soiled" underwear in a bathroom stall from the night before in the bar I work at years ago, I feel ya

Anonymous said...

Please please please tell me your Walmart is somewhere around Margate, because I think I know who left those jeans.