Friday, February 18, 2005

Wal-Mart in the news

It was a good and bad day for the retail giant.

The good:Wal-Mart and Target profits beat Wall Street expectations

Ten freaking billion dollars? That's a whole lot of cheap coffeemakers and bargain-bin DVDs. But did you know that Wal-Mart is now the nation's largest jewelry chain? Yep. The white trash has to buy somewhere!

The bad: Government sues Wal-Mart in sexual harassment case

Me? I had the day off, so I slept all day. This coming weekend is going to be really nasty though, I can just feel it in my waters. It is going to be rough at BOTH jobs, and I'm in the middle of a bout of insomnia, so I'm totally not sleeping at all.

Today's rest was particularly good though. And I watched a couple episodes of a new TV series I got on DVD, a British show called "Teachers," which is like "Boston Public," only it is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog, enjoyed reading from someone on the inside, so to speak.

I was wondering, is there any way you could get a job somewhere else? Aside from Disney, the Nazis, The Rothschilds and Halliburton, Wal-Mart is probably one of the most evil empires that ever existed. Is there any place else you could work? I know that question is laughable in George W Bush's America, but thought Id ask anyways. Aside from that, you dont seem to be happy there. Good luck.