Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Addled my brain

Wal-Mart addled my brain, I tell you. In a sign that maybe I'm working too much, I realized yesterday that I've gone completely round the bend. I got home from the big box store around 5:15 p.m. and chilled out for a while and got ready to go play tennis at 7 p.m. After changing and reaching to put my cell phone in my pocket, I only then realized that I've put my shorts on back to front.

Now, if that isn't a sign of going completely crazy, I dont' know what is. This working 80 hours a week is totally destroying me. And now I'm supposed to move by Oct. 16th. Yowsers!

I bought a couch, loveseat and bookcase from the guy whose apartment I'm taking over last night. It's a pretty nice set in good condition, and someone could sleep on the couch, so I don't have to worry about scrounging up a spare bed it if I want to have family/friends down. And I'm dismantling my cinder block masterpiece of a current bookcase, so I needed a new one anyway.

This new apartment is much, much smaller though. So I figure most of my stuff is just going to stay in boxes. I'm going to take two days off of my night job to just pack and pack really well. I went to the U-Haul place today and got a load of boxes. Funny that I work at Wal-Mart but can't get boxes -- we have to break everything down and then take it back to the compactor or baler.

No comments: