Thursday, September 01, 2005

Monday night

Monday night was just awful. I don't understand Mondays lately. This particular episode was compounded by the fact that the self-checks went down around 4 p.m. The computers were completely fried.

Stupid white people KEPT asking me. Is there a reason the self-checkouts are closed?
Yes, they were eating credit cards. Do YOU want to be charged five times for a bag of potatoes and some socks? Or scan your whole cart, have it fry and the have to DO IT ALL AGAIN? I think not. By the time the 57th fool asked me that, I wanted to say "no, I closed them because I felt like and I wanted to make you all stand in line for an hour."

Some woman got into a fight, an actual verbal altercation that had to be broken up by her sister and another woman before blows started landing, with the stylist at the hair salon. Yes, if you get a color, a cut, a shampoo and some other stuff, it may well cost you $75. Besides, Wal-Mart only rents that space. I have ZERO power over those people.

Some fool argued over $1.76 in tax because something he ordered over the Web arrived broken. I gave him the shipping back. Then he claimed that I didn't give him the tax on the shipping. I took out the calculator and showed him that THERE WAS NO WAY IN HELL HE WAS CHARGED $1.76 ON A $7.84 SHIPPING CHARGE. He still argued.

I looked him straight in the eye, said "I don't have time to argue with you any more," and gave him the money back.

At the end of the night, my feet hurt so bad that I just sat down on the floor, told one of the girls to give me the phone, the clipboard and the handheld I can run things from and just had people go run change for me. I literally could not move.

No comments: