Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The redcoats are coming!

Today was my first full day as a customer service supervisor. Well, at least it was supposed to be. Around noon the customer service counter got backed up so I had to slam a till in and work up there for three hours handling screaming customers who simply do not understand why we can't take back opened software and DVDs - JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE IT!

I got so much exercise today. Walk back to Sporting Goods. Oh, you need the manual credit card machine. Why didn't you tell me that on the phone. Walk all the way back to the front of the store for the credit card slip and the machine. Walk back to Sporting Goods and then back to the podium at the front of the store. It never ends.

Still, it wasn't a bad day. A lot of store people hadn't heard that I had gotten promoted, so they were just now seeing me in the red vest and kept congratulating me. It made me feel nice that so many people were happy for me. Several people hugged me and said that they were glad I had gotten the job because I worked so hard. Although my raise wasn't as much as I expected. Still, it is better than nothing.

And now I have two days off, except I have to go in for a meeting on Thursday. What fun. Shouldn't take long though, and then I hope to have the ENTIRE day off. Love and hugs to all. Peace out.

No comments: